Skip to Main Content.

Mad Dogg Athletics, Inc. Frequently Asked Questions

Untitled Document
Banner Image

What pricing is there for Fitness and Wellness?

Standard pricing and limits are as follows. Please note that the final premium is subject to state of residence, selected insurance limits, and specific program affiliation pricing.

What Benefits will I receive as a Spin member?

What is RPG?

The acronym is for Risk Purchasing Group. This is a master/group policy that you are paying a fee to be part of at a reduced rate.

What is Lessor's Risk?

This is asking if you are leasing part of your premises to someone else to run their business.

Can I increase my limits?

Basic limits are available on the website. To inquire about increased limits you must call customer service, 1-877-438-7459.

Can I remove coverages to decrease the premium cost?

Standard coverages that are included in the policy are built into the base premium. You cannot have them removed to reduce the premium.

Where is an instructor covered?

Policy follows the instructor anywhere they teach in the USA and internationally for short business trips that do not exceed 30 days.

Will this policy cover a substitute instructor if I am sick?

Your individual policy covers only you and will not transfer to a substitute teacher.

Do I have to pay in full or do you have payment plan?

Individual policyholders must prepay in full. Billing plans are available for business policyholders.

What styles of training does this policy cover?

This policy covers various types of fitness training, and spinning and pilates. If your style is not listed on the application please fill in the other section for underwriting consideration.

Does this policy cover me if I get injured?

No, this policy does not cover you if you get injured on the job. This is a liability policy that protects you from claims brought against you or your business for bodily injury or property damage arising out of your negligence.

Will my individual policy protect me if I open a studio?

No, if you open up a studio you would need to upgrade to a business policy. Your individual policy excludes leasing, renting or owning studios or having employees or independent contractors.

How do I upgrade to a business policy?

A business policy is a separate policy. You will need to complete the business application from the apply now link under Products for Businesses.

Will this policy cover me if I teach/train children?

Yes, our policy does not restrict age or gender of your students.

What if I am a trainer and an aerobics instructor, do I need 2 policies?

No, you do not need two policies. Our policy is designed to cover a variety of fitness activities and not limited to one specific type of activity per policy.

Is there a fee for Additional Insured certificates?

There is no fee to process Additional Insured requests online. Please click here to process your request.

Do you need a list of the facilities where I train?

No, since the policy is designed to cover the policyholder in all 50 states, it is not necessary to provide a list of locations.

Do you offer higher liability limits?

Yes, limits can be increased for an additional premium. Maximum limits are $2,000,000/$5,000,000 for individual policyholders and $5,000,000/$5,000,000 for business policyholders.

Will I be covered if I work in my home?

Your individual policy will cover you while teaching at home. If you have a separate home studio business, that meets commercial zoning requirements, a business policy is required.

Can I remove the "damage to premises" since I have no location?

No, this coverage is built into the policy form. We cannot remove the coverage or decrease the premium.

Do you offer health coverage?

No we do not offer health coverage.

How do I renew my insurance?

Renewal processing can be done on the website by clicking the link to renew or you can send your payment in with your renewal notice.

How do I add an Additional Insured?

On the website there is a link to add additional insured or send an e-mail to

How do I get a copy of my policy?

To retrieve an online copy of your policy you must have a "My Phly Account." To set this up you need to go to You must have your policy number and account number available. You can call customer service at 1-877-438-7459 to have a copy e-mailed to you.

Is a membership required to have this insurance?

Membership to an association is no longer required. We encourage membership to an association because it verifies a level of accreditation within the industry.

How do I cancel my policy?

Send an email to with name, policy number and date of cancellation.

When do I pay for my business policy?

You should have received an initial invoice when your policy was processed. The policy automatically generates an invoice on the 1st of the month. Coverage has been bound in consideration of the payment of the Amount Due within the latter of:

  1. 21 days from the date of the invoice; or
  2. The policy effective date.

All coverage is considered null and void if payment is not made as required.

Is the information that I submit on the website secure?

Web forms on transmit data via a secure encrypted SSL connection between your web browser and our secure servers. We use a domain-specific SSL cryptographic certificate provided by PHLY's certificate authority, Entrust. You can tell if a web data submission form is secure by looking for "https://" in the URL bar of your browser. Or your web browser may also display a "lock" image either in the URL bar or the bottom right corner of the browser. Both of these indicate that secure hypertext transfer protocol is being used for communications on that page and that your data is protected when you submit it in the form.

Facebook Thumbnail image