TEAMPHLY supports individual- and community-based changes to improve the local environment and corporate initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of our business activities.
We encourage our employees to demonstrate concern for the environment and to act on their own initiative whether at work, at home, or in the community to preserve and protect our planet for generations to come.
We are on a mission to save forests devastated by natural disasters. PHLY 80K Trees is a partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant 80,000 trees in forests and communities in need.
PHLY's 80K tree planting mission began in 2015 and was renewed in 2016. The goal to fund the planting of 80,000 trees was reached both years with the help of PHLY's independent agents, brokers, and policyholders who enrolled into receiving paperless statements. The company used the cost savings from the new enrollees to fund the plantings of 160,000 trees over two years. PHLY employees also raised money to support the cause and planted 20,000 of the trees in Bastrop, TX.
Where Have We Planted?
- Malheur National Forest, OR (20,000 trees)
- Modoc National Forest, CA (20,000 trees)
- Superior National Forest, MN (40,000 trees)
- Bastrop State Park, TX (80,000 trees)
PHLY Supports Green Power
PHY is a proud member of the EPA's Green Power Partnership.
The Partnership assists organizations in procuring electricity generated from renewable sources and recognizes Partners' green power leadership. PHLY purchases certified, wind-generated renewable energy certificates to account for 100% of the electricity use in our offices nationwide.
PHLY is part of the Partnership's Green Power "Leadership Club" and a 2014 recipient of a prestigious EPA Green Power Leadership Award.
Achieving Environmental Success Together
Carbon Footprint Reduction
We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our activities by working to more accurately measure, track, and reduce our carbon footprint.
- PHLY purchases 100% wind and 3rd party verified renewable energy certificates (RECs) to account for 100% of the company's electricity use nationwide
- PHLY's 2016 green power purchase avoided 3,240 metric tons of carbon dioxide
Education & Engagement
We are committed to engaging our employees in initiatives that raise awareness and support for environmental causes.
- TEAMPHLY invites environmental non-profit organizations to come speak to our employees about the work that they do in the community. PHLY has hosted speakers from the Clean Air Council, the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, the Energy Coordinating Agency and many more
- TEAMPHLY loves giving back our time by volunteering with environmental non-profit organizations across the U.S. TEAMPHLY volunteers have participated in coastal cleanups, watershed management events, tree plantings, park maintenance, and much more!
- TEAMPHLY has partnered with Common Market Philadelphia to bring farm fresh fruits and vegetables to employees in PHLY's Home Office. Employees have the opportunity to participate in the Common Market's winter and summer Farm Share programs
We are committed to meeting our responsibility as a business to support the wider communities in which we operate.
- In 2016 PHLY contributed more than $100,000 to local and national environmental non-profit organizations
- In 2016 TEAMPHLY volunteers completed 25,000+ hours of community service with local and national non-profit organizations specializing in environmental and human services
- Each year TEAMPHLY participates in a collection drive to benefit the environment. Past collections have included coat drives and blanket collection drives that keep gently used items out of landfills and electronic waste collection drives
We believe that we can add depth and breadth to our community impact by partnering with local and national non-profit organizations to achieve shared goals. Some of our partners include: