Disaster Relief Efforts
As a leading provider of insurance to the non-profit and human service industry, PHLY has a long history of supporting disaster relief. Recent disaster relief efforts include:
- Typhoon Haiyan Relief (November 2013) PHLY, along with Chairman Jamie Maguire and the Maguire Foundation, donated $70,000 to help the Red Cross provide relief to people affected in the Philippines.
- Midwest Tornado Relief (May 2013) - PHLY pledged $50,000 to the Red Cross following the devastating tornadoes that hit the Midwest in May 2013.
- Hurricane Sandy Relief (October 2012) - PHLY partnered with members of the Tokio Marine Group in 2012 to donate over $195,000 to the Red Cross.
- Japan Tsunami and Earthquake Relief (March 2011) - PHLY and its employees raised more than $195,000 for the Red Cross Japan Tsunami and Earthquake Relief Fund.
- Haiti Earthquake Relief (January 2010) - PHLY and its employees raised $129,000 for the Red Cross Haiti relief fund. In May of 2010, Chairman Jamie Maguire traveled to Haiti on a volunteer mission to aid the victims of the January 12, 2010 earthquake. Read the Best's Review article on his journey.
PHLY's Corporate Communications Manager Bill Procopio presented a check to American Red Cross Southeastern Pennsylvania Chapter and CBS Philly officials during the "Operation Brotherly Love" telethon for Midwest Tornado Relief in May 2013.