Benefits of the Program
PHLY's Storage Tank Environmental Policy (STEP) protects insureds from claims for bodily injury and property damage, and from remediation expenses associated with the confirmed release of contaminants into the environment from above-ground or underground storage tanks. Under federal requirements, owners and operators must demonstrate financial responsibility for taking corrective action and for compensating third parties for bodily injury and property damage caused by accidental releases arising from the operation of mainly underground storage tanks and in some jurisdictions above ground storage tanks. This includes releases that may occur from other components associated with the tank (e.g., piping, spill containment devices and dispensing equipment).
- Access via online web portal with submit to bind capabilities
- Coverage meets EPA financial assurance requirements
- Remediation coverage for corrective action on and off site
- Third Party Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- Defense Expense
- Image Restoration
- Emergency Expense
- Primary and Non-contributory language standard
- 180 day automatic extended reporting period granted, to comply with financial assurance requirements
Quick Reference Guides
How to Report a Claim
Please select state specific forms when applicable
Storage Tank Resources
Click here for information regarding American Petroleum Institute's (API) service station contractor safety program or operator training programs.