Summer Associates Overview
Summer Associates Program Overview
At Philadelphia Insurance Companies (PHLY), we offer full-time and internship opportunities designed to launch your career. Our programs provide a variety of career paths ranging from actuarial science to operations to underwriting. No matter which path you choose, you'll take on challenging projects, develop yourself both personally and professionally, and have the opportunity to make an immediate and lasting contribution to our company's success.
- Program runs late May through mid-August (10 weeks)
- Participation in a team case study which will be delivered to the leadership team
- Weekly department presentations delivered by Senior Leadership to gain industry and company knowledge
- Career mentor
- Job training within the department at the direction of the supervising manager
- Lunch time fitness hour
- Volunteer opportunities
- Competitive hourly salary
Who We're Looking For
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Like insurance? That's a plus!
- Involvement in community and extracurricular activities preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer services skills
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
How to Apply:
Visit our career site or check your university career center website.
Having trouble deciding where you fit? Let us help, take our department quiz to help find which department best suits you!
Interested in a position but not sure where you fit right now? Join our talent network and you will be considered when a relevant position opens up.
Find us on Campus! Talk to a PHLY Recruiter:
Our recruiting team is available to answer any questions about the summer associate program, help you to identify which department would best suit you or help you find us on a campus near you. You can email them at PHLYcampus@phly.com.
PHLY hosts "PHLY Connects", an employee-to-student networking event geared toward providing students with the opportunity to learn from, and connect with, professionals in their field of study.
Selected students will have the opportunity to tour PHLY's Bala Cynwyd facilities including their state of the art gym and hear more about the PHLY fitness/wellness culture and network with career professionals. This is a great opportunity to see the various career paths offered at PHLY, not only in the insurance field, but many others as well.
The goal of the program is tri-fold:
- Hold one-time, on site networking events where PHLY employees can "connect" with students, share experiences and offer advice.
- Provide students with an opportunity to expand their network of business professionals.
- Develop a pipeline of future graduates to PHLY.
Interested? Email us at PHLYcampus@phly.com to inquire when our next event will be held and how you can apply.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.